Ethos and Values
In order to fulfill the aims the Academy aims to provide a secure, happy and effective learning environment in which children, staff, parents and governors work together for the benefit of every child while ensuring that they develop their skills and talents to their full potential as well as becoming thoughtful and responsible members of society.
All children will be:
- Provided with the maximum opportunity to learn, to acquire a broad range of skills, knowledge and understanding, and to develop their physical, social and personal skills.
- Encouraged to grow in all aspects of their being, to achieve their personal potential, to promote self-esteem and respect for others and to constantly explore their individual talents.
The staff will deliver to each child the stated aims of the school through:
- Preparing effective classroom activities.
- Creating a disciplined, motivating, fair and secure learning environment.
- Understanding the individual child’s potential, demonstrated aptitudes and building a relationship to nurture their talents.
The parents/carers will be:
- Encouraged to participate in the development of the school and their children.
- Provided with timely feedback on their child’s development with honesty and respect.
- Given support and encouragement to work with the school on defined priorities.
The local community will:
- Be provided with a school that fulfills the educational and developmental requirements required by society.
- Benefit from the positive contributions made by a thoughtful and responsible school community which always acts as a good neighbour.
- Be encouraged to support the school and all its efforts within the community.
The Governors and Trustees will:
- Ensure efficient and effective systems and procedures are operated in collaboration with staff, parents, children and the community towards the school’s aims.
- Be held accountable for raising standards in school and ensuring that the potential of every child is reached.