Family Support Co-ordinator
Hello! My name is Donna Gower and I am the Family Support Co-ordinator at Great Barford CE Primary Academy.
My role is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour, mental health and wellbeing.
I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
We can arrange to meet in school or at home.
My advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
I may not have all the answers, but hopefully we can work together and work it out.
Support for pupils includes:
- guidance and coping strategies to help with times of change and stress
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one targeted support
- Run wellbeing groups and Lego Therapy groups (Brick Club)
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to services who can provide further support
- liaising with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- families who require food bank vouchers
- family stresses
- Changes in circumstances
- families in crisis
- practical advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school and other agencies